- Fine earthenware produced in Mexico, featuring coloured decoration on an opaque white glaze: [as modifier]: Talavera ware has been the principal handicraft since Father Miguel founded the town’s first ceramics workshopMore example sentences
- The mix includes beautiful blue-and-white talavera pottery from the nearby town of Delores Hidalgo, as well as unmistakable relics of Mexican religious life.
- The pretty Mexican town of Puerto Vallarta is notable for two things: Richard Burton bought a home for Elizabeth Taylor there; and it is the base for a site that sells great talavera.
- In vessels of painted Talavera ware, which shame the finest silver, the heads of pinks show bright, with basil all round about, just as if the earth were clad in red and blue gauze, in Oriental fashion.
early 19th century: named after Talavera de la Reina, the Spanish town where this variety of pottery originated.
More definitions of TalaveraDefinition of Talavera in:
- The US English dictionary