Definition of Technicolor in English:
noun[mass noun, often as modifier]
1.1 (technicolor, British also technicolour) informal Vivid colour: [as modifier]: a technicolor bruise
More example sentences
- The various dishes ran together on the plates to create a series of vivid technicolour horrors.
- For a history lesson, he would take us up to the top of a hill and describe a battle that had been fought in the locality in vivid technicolor.
- The lurid technicolour of bruises, angry wounds, and welts marred his skin.
- Example sentences
- The Red Sea resorts, now making a play for winter sun business, has crystal clear waters and coral reef full of technicoloured fish.
- On the museum's main floor, you can visit the technicolored rooms where Factor worked his makeup magic, one each for ‘brownettes,’ brunettes, blonds, and redheads.
- And visually, Amélie was a technicolored dream.
Early 20th century: blend of technical and color.
Definition of Technicolor in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.