Definition of Technicolor in English:
noun[mass noun, often as modifier] trademark
1.1 (technicolor, British also technicolour) informal Vivid colour: [as modifier]: a technicolor bruise
More example sentences
- The various dishes ran together on the plates to create a series of vivid technicolour horrors.
- For a history lesson, he would take us up to the top of a hill and describe a battle that had been fought in the locality in vivid technicolor.
- The lurid technicolour of bruises, angry wounds, and welts marred his skin.
early 20th century: blend of technical and color.
- Example sentences
- The Red Sea resorts, now making a play for winter sun business, has crystal clear waters and coral reef full of technicoloured fish.
- On the museum's main floor, you can visit the technicolored rooms where Factor worked his makeup magic, one each for ‘brownettes,’ brunettes, blonds, and redheads.
- And visually, Amélie was a technicolored dream.
Definition of Technicolor in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan