noun (plural same)
- 2 [mass noun] The dialect spoken by the Teochew.More example sentences
- All I know when I grew up was that Mum was Hokkien, and spoke English, Sis spoke English, my nanny spoke Teochew, my brother's nanny spoke Cantonese, so my brother and I communicated in sign language.
- The Chinese language alone has several spoken dialects (Mandarin, Taiwanese, Cantonese, Toisanese, Haka, Teochew, Shanghainese).
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Teochew or their dialect.More example sentences
- If you haven't already read it, go read Adri's fabulous piece on a Teochew wedding.
Chinese dialect form of the name of the city Chaozhou.