- A form of induction coil for producing high-frequency alternating currents.More example sentences
- He invented the Tesla coil to create high-frequency electricity, used in TV tubes, neon and fluorescent lighting, radio transmission, remote control and hundreds of other devices which are an essential part of our everyday lives.
- As the years passed, the boy studied the mechanical innovations of the industrial revolution: Tesla coils, electro-magnetism, telephones, phonographs, dynamos, incandescent bulbs, and turbines.
- The Machine was covered in tubes and spheres, Tesla coils and electrodes, funnels and jars, micro chips and transistors.
More definitions of Tesla coilDefinition of Tesla coil in:
- The US English dictionary