(also Teton Sioux)
- another term for Lakota.More example sentences
- In the first, raids by the Cheyenne and Arapaho joined by some Teton Sioux ravaged Colorado until battles at the North Platte and Powder rivers in late 1865 bought a year's relative tranquillity.
- In 1890 a Ghost Dance uprising in South Dakota culminated at Wounded Knee, when US troops massacred some 200 Teton Sioux.
- On September 23, the expedition met the Teton Sioux, who insisted that the soldiers pay a heavy tribute to them before continuing on.
the name in Dakota, literally 'dwellers on the prairie'.
More definitions of TetonDefinition of Teton in:
- The US English dictionary