nounBaseball , • dated
- A fly ball that falls to the ground between the infield and the outfield and results in a base hit.More example sentences
- Playing shortstop in the sixth inning, he chased down a Texas leaguer in short center field and threw home to catcher Joe Silver to get a runner tagging up.
- Of course you can't control seeing eye singles or Texas leaguers, but those probably represent less than 25% of total hits.
- In the sixth, after left-handed pitcher Carleton Hargrove hit the first two batters, Daniel Stovall sent a would-be Texas leaguer into right field.
More definitions of Texas leaguerDefinition of Texas leaguer in:
- The US English dictionary