- A series of points of doctrine historically accepted as representing the teaching of the Church of England.More example sentences
- Throughout his ministry he became known and beloved as a defender of the evangelical reformed faith as expressed in the Thirty-nine Articles of Religion, of the Church of England.
- Probably few people apart from religious professionals spend much time thinking about doctrinal statements such as the Nicene Creed or the Thirty-nine Articles.
- Acceptance of the doctrine of the Trinity is the first of the Thirty-nine Articles to which an Anglican was supposed to subscribe.
More definitions of Thirty-nine ArticlesDefinition of Thirty-nine Articles in:
- The US English dictionary