- The religion of Tibet, a form of Mahayana Buddhism. It was formed in the 8th century ad from a combination of Buddhism and the indigenous Tibetan religion. The head of the religion is the Dalai Lama.More example sentences
- The best known face of Tibetan Buddhism is the Dalai Lama, who has lived in exile in India since he fled Chinese occupation of his country in 1959.
- So we refer today to Japanese Buddhism, Chinese Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism.
- What I found especially helpful was a discussion of Tibetan Buddhism and the Dalai Lama, put into a wider context.
More definitions of Tibetan BuddhismDefinition of Tibetan Buddhism in:
- The US English dictionary