Definition of Tiv in English:
noun (plural same or Tivs)
1A member of a people of SE Nigeria.
- The military intervention is being carried out in the name of restoring peace in the face of inter-tribal clashes between members of the Hausa-Fulani and Tivs.
- They had been sent to quell violence between two local tribes, the Tivs and Jukuns, and the army blames Tiv militias for their deaths.
- He noted a similar combination of mental processes among the Tiv.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Tiv or their language.
- Another example, probably by the same hand, was published recently with a Benue Valley / Tiv attribution.
- The massacres sparked violent outbreaks in the Benue state capital, Makurdi, where angry Tiv students from two universities rampaged through the streets Wednesday, armed with sticks, knives and iron bars.
- Unconfirmed reports suggest that Tiv militias are carrying out massacres.
The name in Tiv.
Definition of Tiv in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan