- A cocktail made from gin mixed with soda, sugar, and lemon or lime juice: [count noun]: the tuxedoed ushers carried trays of martinis and Tom CollinsesMore example sentences
- And if I have the time, I muddle lemons when I make drinks such as a Tom Collins instead of using lemon juice and simple syrup - it results in a much ‘brighter’ drink.
- At the end of the day, he relaxes with a cocktail like a Tom Collins, but he adds herbs and fruits with healthy phytochemicals to the alcoholic drink.
- Shout up a Tom Collins or a Gin Gimlet, listen to chilled-out unpretentious tunes filtered through hidden house speakers, and imagine you are in your own living room.
sometimes said to have been named after a 19th-century London bartender.
More definitions of Tom CollinsDefinition of Tom Collins in:
- The US English dictionary