noun(usually the Torah)
- (In Judaism) the law of God as revealed to Moses and recorded in the first five books of the Hebrew scriptures (the Pentateuch).More example sentences
- However, one may remove the organ as soon as he stops breathing, even though his heart is still beating, since the Torah considers life directly connected to breathing.
- The Torah acknowledges this importance and encourages us to work diligently and to enjoy life in appropriate moderation.
- The Torah recounts that at the very outset of the human journey God throws Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden.
from Hebrew tōrāh 'instruction, doctrine, law', from yārāh 'show, direct, instruct'.
More definitions of TorahDefinition of Torah in:
- The US English dictionary