- 1A variety of white wine grape grown chiefly in Germany and Alsace.More example sentences
- The word Gewürzt in German means spicy or musky, and Traminer is the grape variety.
- Of the better grapes, Muscat (red and white) was grown on the Rhine and in Alsace, Traminer chiefly in the latter.
- The varieties planted were Chardonnay, Traminer and Rhine Riesling.
- 1.1A white wine with a perfumed bouquet made from the Traminer grape.More example sentences
- We were treated to a Chardonnay whose label escapes me as I write this, a Traminer and a Riesling from Turgovishte, a limited edition Melnik from Vinissimo and an Assenovgrad Mavrud by Maxima.
- High above the roofs, closer to the sky, enjoy a glass of Traminer.
- I ordered a bottle of Traminer first off.
named after the Italian village Termeno.
More definitions of TraminerDefinition of Traminer in:
- The US English dictionary