- 1Relating to or denoting the earliest period of the Mesozoic era, between the Permian and Jurassic periods. See also Permo–Triassic.More example sentences
- Implicit in this emplacement model is that the Permian and Triassic plutonic complexes are tabular granites with length and width dimensions that are much greater than their thickness.
- Permian and Triassic plutonic complexes comprise monzonite, granite, granodiorite or tonalite with minor gabbro and diorite.
- Low-angle unconformities can be observed between the Triassic and Jurassic rocks at outcrop scale.
- 1.1 (as noun the Triassic or the Trias) The Triassic period or the system of rocks deposited during it.More example sentences
- Such sites are found in numerous strata of different ages throughout the triassic, jurassic and cretaceous, all of which were allegedly laid down during the flood.
The Triassic lasted from about 245 to 208 million years ago. Many new organisms appeared following the mass extinctions of the end of the Palaeozoic era, including the earliest dinosaurs and ammonites and the first primitive mammals
More definitions of TriassicDefinition of Triassic in:
- The US English dictionary