Definition of Trinitarian in English:
Relating to belief in the doctrine of the Trinity.
- They much admired Marius Victorinus, whose last years had been devoted to the deployment of Neoplatonic logic in defence of orthodox Trinitarian belief.
- In the first place, Orthodox Trinitarian doctrine cannot afford to emphasize either substance at the expense of personae or personae at the expense of substance.
- Thus, this work is a contribution to the development of Trinitarian doctrine, not an attempt at an authoritative explication of that doctrine.
nounBack to top
A person who believes in the doctrine of the Trinity.
- Yet it is undeniable that this intra-pentecostal dispute between Trinitarians and Oneness has serious theological and doctrinal implications for Pentecostal-evangelical relationships.
- It may be overstating it to find Augustine's genius primarily in his brilliant synthesis of the economic and metaphysical Trinitarians, as this synthesis was also a concern of most Pro- and Neo-Nicene theologians.
- John Adams was a Unitarian, which Trinitarians abhorred as heresy.
- Example sentences
- The faces of the movement include Catholics, a Pentecostal who questions Trinitarianism, and a ‘new kind of Christian.’
- This term became a periphrasis for God; whether it could have been reckoned as a separate person, as in Christian Trinitarianism, is a matter of debate.
- The first is his splendid and rigorous Trinitarianism, with its unique mutual correction and correlation of Eastern and Western traditions.
Words that rhyme with Trinitarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definition of Trinitarian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia