- A union or association between three powers or states, in particular that made in 1668 between England, the Netherlands, and Sweden against France, and that in 1882 between Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy against France and Russia.More example sentences
- Against the combined threat of France and Russia the Triple Alliance with Austria and Italy, though renewed in February 1887, was not enough for German security.
- In 1882 Italy entered the Triple Alliance with Austria and Germany.
- In 1915 Italy turned from the Triple Alliance to make a treaty with Britain, France, and Russia.
More definitions of Triple AllianceDefinition of Triple Alliance in:
- The US English dictionary