- Relating to or denoting a large group of closely related Altaic languages of western and central Asia, including Turkish, Azerbaijani, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uighur, Uzbek, and Tatar.More example sentences
- Central Asia largely speaks Turkic languages.
- Kyrgyz is a Turkic language, most closely related to Kazak.
- The Uzbek language belongs to the Turkic family of languages.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- The Turkic languages collectively.More example sentences
- Although it has borrowed many words from Arabic, Turkic, Persian, and Russian, Georgian has remained distinctive.
- Karthli is distinct from Indo-European, Turkic, and Semitic languages.
- It contains many Turkic, Persian, and Arabic elements.
More definitions of TurkicDefinition of Turkic in:
- The US English dictionary