Definition of Turkish bath in English:
1A cleansing or relaxing treatment that involves a period of time spent sitting in a room filled with very hot air or steam, generally followed by washing and massage.
- The place is a beauty, and you can choose from massage, Turkish baths, mud treatments and more.
- While the gymnasium comprises the latest range of equipment, the wet areas provide chill showers, steam, Turkish bath and Jacuzzi.
- But if you want a taste of the real Turkey, try a good old - fashioned Turkish bath and massage at the local hammam, on offer at about €15.
1.1A building or room where a Turkish bath is available.
- He said a commercial operator could, with flair and imagination, develop the baths service while maintaining the Turkish baths tradition.
- Along the cool corridors are private dining rooms, libraries, a gymnasium, and Turkish baths.
- Bolton's recreation committee has made the decision to close the Turkish baths on Great Moor Street on April 1.
Definition of Turkish bath in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan