Definition of Turkish bath in English:
1A cleansing or relaxing treatment that involves a period of time spent sitting in a room filled with very hot air or steam, generally followed by washing and massage.
- The place is a beauty, and you can choose from massage, Turkish baths, mud treatments and more.
- While the gymnasium comprises the latest range of equipment, the wet areas provide chill showers, steam, Turkish bath and Jacuzzi.
- But if you want a taste of the real Turkey, try a good old - fashioned Turkish bath and massage at the local hammam, on offer at about €15.
1.1A building or room where a Turkish bath is available.
- He said a commercial operator could, with flair and imagination, develop the baths service while maintaining the Turkish baths tradition.
- Along the cool corridors are private dining rooms, libraries, a gymnasium, and Turkish baths.
- Bolton's recreation committee has made the decision to close the Turkish baths on Great Moor Street on April 1.
Definition of Turkish bath in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.