(also Turkish rug)
- A rug woven in Turkey in a traditional fashion, typically with a bold coloured design and thick wool pile, or made elsewhere in this style.More example sentences
- Feldman was fascinated by the designs in Turkish rugs.
- Composed as if paintings and then specially crafted as traditional Turkish carpets, her striking compositions shift attention from eye to floor level.
- Thick Turkish carpets covered the sandy soil underfoot, and the walls were painted a cheery turquoise.
More definitions of Turkish carpetDefinition of Turkish carpet in:
- The US English dictionary