- A personality type characterized by ambition, impatience, and competitiveness, and thought to be susceptible to stress and heart disease: [as modifier]: teaching people with Type A personalities to keep their anger in check the old Type A would have savagely ripped the package into many piecesMore example sentences
- This finding suggests that the speed and impatience component of the Type A behavior pattern might be related more strongly to cognitive failures.
- Closer supervision may be needed for students with high competitiveness and Type A personalities.
- Individuals with a Type A personality and professional athletes - who constantly push themselves and desire to compete and achieve perfection - are more likely to develop the condition than others are, notes Ribblett.
More definitions of Type ADefinition of Type A in:
- The US English dictionary