Definition of Tzotzil in English:
noun (plural same or Tzotzils)
1A member of an American Indian people inhabiting parts of southern Mexico.
- Mr Sterk says that, when evangelicals first come in, the Tzotzils want to defend their spiritual world.
- From then on, nearly three hundred Indians, mainly Tzotzils, have converted to Islam in Chiapas.
- That shared commitment to peace has brought us and the Tzotzils of Chenalhó together to learn from each other.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Tzotzil or their language.
- In Chiapas, Maya of the Tzeltal and Tzotzil tribes took part in the Zapatista uprising of January 1994.
- A native of the Tzotzil ethnic group, she lives in a small rural town 130 miles away from San Cristóbal de las Casas, the capital city of the southern Mexican state of Chiapas.
- Tzotzil people make up the largest indigenous group in Mexic´s southernmost state of Chiapas.
the name in Tzotzil.
Definition of Tzotzil in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan