- A Brazilian folk religion combining elements of macumba, Roman Catholicism, and South American Indian practices: [as modifier]: Umbanda ritesMore example sentences
- Temples practice both Umbanda, a syncretic variant with strong Spiritist and Catholic influences, and Batuque.
- Created with practitioners of Cuban Santeria, Haitian Vodou, and Brazilian Umbanda, it shows ritual and social practices as they existed in New York City in 1999.
- This was accomplished by identifying the religion primarily with Umbanda.
More definitions of UmbandaDefinition of Umbanda in:
- The US English dictionary