noun[mass noun] Computing , • trademark
- An operating system analogous to DOS and Windows, supporting multiple concurrent users: [as modifier]: software for Unix systemsMore example sentences
- The company takes repeated shots at Unix operating systems but has little to show for the claims.
- It's a tutorial aimed at helping Unix and Linux users get optimal performance out of their operating system.
- Still, there is big money in Unix hardware and software and plenty of developers and admins to go around.
More definitions of UnixDefinition of Unix in:
- The US English dictionary