Definition of V-sign in English:
1British A sign resembling the letter V made with the first two fingers pointing up and the back of the hand facing outwards, used as a gesture of abuse or contempt.
- As he was led to the cells, he turned back and made a two-fingered V-sign at police officers sitting in court.
- She said that although he had made V-signs and muttered swear-words, police had not warned him about his conduct in court before his arrest.
- However, all she met was a gang of Neds chanting ‘Save Oor Buckie’ and making V-signs for the cameras.
2A sign resembling the letter V made with the first two fingers pointing up and the palm of the hand facing outwards, used as a symbol or gesture of victory.
- He smiled and waved to reporters and fans and flashed a V-sign as he left the Santa Barbara County Jail in a black Suburban escorted by three sheriff's motorcycle officers.
- The ailing leader raised his hand to make a V-sign and moved it to the rhythm of the chants before speeding away in a black Mercedes, accompanied by security guards with raised assault rifles.
- He sent a handful of diehard fans into a frenzy when he briefly appeared at his fourth floor hospital window, flashing his signature V-sign and waving a teddy bear his admirers say they had given him.
Words that rhyme with V-signinternecine
Definition of V-sign in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan