- The day (8 May) marking the Allied victory in Europe in 1945.More example sentences
- Her journey was to mark the 60th anniversary of VE day, and her ship's company attended numerous ceremonies commemorating the Allied success.
- Weeks before the end of the war Mr Martin was given leave and celebrated VE day with the family of his best friend, Stanley, who served in the Navy.
- At St Catherine's Residential Care Home in Horwich residents rolled back the years with wartime songs to mark VE day.
VE, abbreviation of Victory in Europe.
More definitions of VE dayDefinition of VE day in:
- The US English dictionary