noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A type of petroleum jelly used as an ointment and lubricant.More example sentences
- We especially need medical supplies such as Sudocream, bandages, vaseline, syringes, any antibiotics, painkillers, even rubber gloves would be great.
- She got some vaseline and polished Meadow's hooves.
- Every winter in Pune, my skin would go dry and I would have to apply vaseline or some cold cream to my lips and face.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Cover or smear with Vaseline: the doors glide open as if their rails have been vaselinedMore example sentences
- If you really must go for a jog in the middle of a thunder storm, remember to vaseline nipples thoroughly beforehand.
late 19th century: formed irregularly from German Wasser + Greek elaion 'oil' + -ine4.
More definitions of VaselineDefinition of Vaseline in:
- The US English dictionary