noun (plural same or Veddas)
- A member of an aboriginal people inhabiting the forests of Sri Lanka.More example sentences
- Even Tamil-speaking east coastal Veddas are having their views heard in Colombo for the first time ever.
- With the new laws it has became very difficult to trace the descent of many of the Vedda people.
- Even during British times rehabilitation and resettlements of Veddas had been considered.
from Sinhalese vaddā 'hunter'.
More definitions of VeddaDefinition of Vedda in:
- The US English dictionary