Definition of Vietcong in English:
noun (plural same)
1The Communist guerrilla movement in Vietnam which fought the South Vietnamese government forces 1954–75 with the support of the North Vietnamese army and opposed the South Vietnam and US forces in the Vietnam War.
- Despite massive US military and economic aid, his corrupt administration failed to win the fight against the Vietcong and North Vietnamese forces.
- Colombia's guerrillas have no big outside country to support them the way the Vietcong and North Vietnamese army had the Soviet Union and China.
- Sure, we lost tens of thousands of troops, but the North Vietnamese Army and Vietcong lost hundreds of thousands more.
1.1A member of the Vietcong.
- These numbers reminded me of the ever-growing numbers of supposedly killed Vietcong the US military was always reporting during that misguided war.
- But there were reports during the Vietnam War there were some Americans who had deserted and were seen fighting with the Vietcong or North Vietnamese.
Vietnamese, literally 'Vietnamese Communist'.
Words that rhyme with Vietcongalong, belong, bong, chaise longue, Geelong, gong, Guangdong, Haiphong, Heilong, Hong Kong, Jong, King Kong, long, mah-jong, Mao Zedong, Mekong, nong, pong, prolong, sarong, Shillong, song, souchong, strong, thong, throng, tong, wrong
Definition of Vietcong in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.