Definition of Viognier in English:
1A white wine grape grown chiefly in the northern Rhône area of France.
- This region also produces wines from the white grapes Viognier, Marsanne, Roussanne and Grenache Blanc.
- He also uses Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, and Sangiovese, making verjus is similar to making wine, except juice is not fermented.
- The trout blend is made of Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc and Viognier grapes.
1.1A white wine made from the Viognier grape.
- Riesling grapes make Rieslings, Viognier grapes make Viognier, etc, etc.
- Most of our customers know Chardonnay and Merlot, so we'll take them to a Viognier or a Riesling.
- The Syrahs and Viogniers coming online deserve serious research too.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.