(also Visking tubing)
noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A type of seamless cellulose tubing used as a membrane in dialysis and as an edible casing for sausages.More example sentences
- Osmosis generally requires a living cell membrane but it will also happen with suitable non-living membranes such as Visking dialysis tubing.
- Put 1% starch solution into Visking tubing and then put the filled tubing into a test tube of water.
- When both sides of the Visking tubing have equal concentrations, the osmosis will have been completed.
1930s: named after the Visking Corporation of Chicago, US.
More definitions of ViskingDefinition of Visking in:
- The US English dictionary