- A salad made from apples, walnuts, celery, and mayonnaise.More example sentences
- Make a Waldorf salad using apples, celery, chopped walnuts and lettuce with a dressing combining 1 part whipped heavy cream to 4 parts mayonnaise.
- American contributions such as Waldorf salad (apple, celery, and mayonnaise from 1896, and with walnuts from the 1920s) and Caesar salad had already become internationally popular in the first half of the century.
- On my last evening at Chinghalle, I followed my Waldorf salad and chicken parmigiana main course with a puzzling and pricey Chipwich-style ice-cream sandwich for dessert.
named after the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York, where it was first served.
More definitions of Waldorf saladDefinition of Waldorf salad in:
- The US English dictionary