- 1A horse of a typically light breed from Australia, especially from New South Wales.More example sentences
- The other quarter I fancy owed itself to a drop of Waler blood in her genealogy, from one of the thousands of Australian horses shipped to the Middle East in 1914 as Cavalry remounts.
- The Waler, bred originally from the pastures of Hunter Valley stock-horses, first made names for themselves with the Light Horsemen at the turn of the 20th century.
- This year is the 100th anniversary of the Australian Light Horse Regiment and many of the horses they used were known as Walers.
More definitions of WalerDefinition of Waler in:
- The US English dictionary