noun[mass noun] • trademark
- 1Ceramic ware made by the English potter Josiah Wedgwood (1730–95) and his successors. Wedgwood is most associated with the powder-blue stoneware pieces with white embossed cameos that first appeared in 1775.More example sentences
- The Museum (two doors down the road) already housed the splendidly wide-ranging collections of decorative art and antiquities given in 1867 by Joseph Mayer, from medieval ivories to Wedgwood.
- My favorite type of Wedgewood is their jasperware.
- Do you collect Wedgewood?
- 1.1A powder-blue colour characteristic of Wedgwood stoneware: [as modifier]: this throw comes in indigo, rose, or Wedgwood checks on creamMore example sentences
- Waving to her friend, she rose, carefully gathered up the hem of her pale Wedgwood blue dress trimmed in white lining, and trudged off lazily to meet the calling voice.
- She wore glasses over her Wedgewood eyes to deflect admiration, my father had told me.
More definitions of WedgwoodDefinition of Wedgwood in:
- The US English dictionary