noun (plural Welshmen)
- A male native or inhabitant of Wales, or a man of Welsh descent.More example sentences
- Here, in the early thirteenth century, a physician named Rhiwallon founded a line of doctors that spread across Wales and persisted for hundreds of years - some Welshmen still claim descent from the physicians.
- In a new departure, most bishops appointed to Wales after 1559 were native Welshmen, and several of them gave patronage to the bards who played an important part in Welsh society.
- For me there were many other role models of Welshmen working in pastorates all over our little nation - Wales is 200 miles north to south and a hundred miles east to west.
More definitions of WelshmanDefinition of Welshman in:
- The US English dictionary