- A simple circuit for measuring an unknown resistance by connecting it so as to form a quadrilateral with three known resistances and applying a voltage between a pair of opposite corners.More example sentences
- The principle of measurement is similar to that of the Wheatstone bridge in electronics, in which an accurate measurement is made by comparing the unknown value against the value of a calibrated component.
- He was advised and helped by his uncle Charles Wheatstone who invented the piece of electrical apparatus known as the Wheatstone bridge.
- A Kelvin Double bridge is a variant of the Wheatstone bridge used for measuring very low resistances.
More definitions of Wheatstone bridgeDefinition of Wheatstone bridge in:
- The US English dictionary