- The weekend or week including Whit Sunday.More example sentences
- The recently formed St Lucia Power Boat Association is scheduled to stage a Caribbean Event over the Whitsuntide weekend, involving over 300 competitors.
- And as they followed the Salvation Army Band, memories came flooding back of when walking days were an annual Whitsuntide treat and not just a nostalgic event.
- National religious festivals, especially Christmas, Easter, and Whitsuntide, also survived erosion from the apostles of economic rationality, order, and propriety between the late 18th and mid-19th cents.
More definitions of WhitsuntideDefinition of Whitsuntide in:
- The US English dictionary