The religious cult of modern witchcraft, especially an initiatory tradition founded in England in the mid 20th century and claiming its origins in pre-Christian pagan religions: a guild for those interested in paganism, Wicca, and folklore
More example sentences
- Adherents of Wicca, a pagan religion, worship nature and focus on positive energy.
- There are so many out there, Jewish, Moslem, Russian Orthodox, Wicca - a religion for all seasons.
- I really don't think there is a more feared and hated religion than Paganism or Wicca.
representing Old English wicca 'witch'.
- More example sentences
- It seems to me that there's a great deal of borrowing from paganism and Wiccan cultures.
- I learned later that a couple of Wiccan groups and a Shamanic Drum circle use the same area for activities on the weekends.
- Secondly, unlike some cultures with powerful goddesses in their pantheons, Wiccans espouse norms of gender equality.
Definition of Wicca in:
- The US English dictionary