- A dish consisting of a thin slice of veal that is breaded, fried, and garnished: in Vienna we had Wiener schnitzel and beer [count noun]: he ordered a Wiener schnitzelMore example sentences
- Lunch is usually the main meal of the day and consists of soup and a main course of meat - sausage, the widely popular Wiener schnitzel (breaded veal), chicken, beef, pork or fish.
- The menu for the evening was incredible: champagne, caviar, smoked salmon, pate, Wiener schnitzel and of course, Sachertorte.
- Or perhaps you'll be tempted to try the house specialty, Wiener schnitzel?
from German, literally 'Vienna cutlet'.
More definitions of Wiener schnitzelDefinition of Wiener schnitzel in:
- The US English dictionary