nounUS • trademark
- 1A light perforated ball used in a type of baseball.More example sentences
- Eternal Reefs mixes funeral ashes (declared a concrete additive by the Environmental Protection Agency in 1999) with cement, then molds them into a giant, hollow sphere resembling a Wiffle ball.
- It's part of the plan, you know - such as when Bonner wanted to work on his post moves and had his sister, Becky, take swings at his legs with a Wiffle ball bat while she guarded him.
- Each year, more and more tournaments using patented Wiffle balls or similar orbs are being staged as the game's popularity expands.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A game played with a Wiffle ball.More example sentences
- Whether it's an impromptu game of Wiffle ball in the hallway, a random putting contest on the carpet or a quick game of Ping-Pong on a makeshift table, there's rarely a dull moment inside the Time-Life Building.
- My earliest baseball memories are of a nighttime Mets game when I was four or five and of playing Wiffle ball on the sidewalk around that time.
- I bought a big house so I could throw a football and play Wiffle ball in it, rather than show it off.
1950s: Wiffle, variant of whiffle.
More definitions of Wiffle ballDefinition of Wiffle ball in:
- The US English dictionary