Definition of Wiffle ball in English:
1A light perforated ball used in a type of baseball.
- Eternal Reefs mixes funeral ashes (declared a concrete additive by the Environmental Protection Agency in 1999) with cement, then molds them into a giant, hollow sphere resembling a Wiffle ball.
- It's part of the plan, you know - such as when Bonner wanted to work on his post moves and had his sister, Becky, take swings at his legs with a Wiffle ball bat while she guarded him.
- Each year, more and more tournaments using patented Wiffle balls or similar orbs are being staged as the game's popularity expands.
1.1 [mass noun] A game played with a Wiffle ball.
- Whether it's an impromptu game of Wiffle ball in the hallway, a random putting contest on the carpet or a quick game of Ping-Pong on a makeshift table, there's rarely a dull moment inside the Time-Life Building.
- My earliest baseball memories are of a nighttime Mets game when I was four or five and of playing Wiffle ball on the sidewalk around that time.
- I bought a big house so I could throw a football and play Wiffle ball in it, rather than show it off.
1950s: Wiffle, variant of whiffle.
Definition of Wiffle ball in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan