- A large pipe organ or electric organ, especially one used in the cinemas of the 1930s.More example sentences
- Unlike his stark, Crazy Horse-inflected debut of a few years ago, North Side Benches is a poppier affair, replete with synthesizers, Wurlitzers, glockenspiel, and a helping hand from Blue Rodeo's Jim Cuddy.
- The exhibition of instruments, ranging from tiny musical boxes to a huge Wurlitzer cinema organ, will be enhanced by the grant, which has been made available by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
- The song's sample of a dust-carpeted projector snaps its finger to teach the beat to a roiling tom-tom rhythm, and mixes with a Wurlitzer organ and guitars that squeal like after-hours drunks on a freeway.
named after Rudolf Wurlitzer (1831–1914), the German-born American instrument-maker who founded the manufacturing company.
More definitions of WurlitzerDefinition of Wurlitzer in:
- The US English dictionary