(also Yahveh /-veɪ/)
- A form of the Hebrew name of God used in the Bible. The name came to be regarded by Jews (circa 300 bc) as too sacred to be spoken, and the vowel sounds are uncertain.More example sentences
- In Exodus and Leviticus we read of how the attention of Yahweh is drawn towards those who sacrifice.
- Moses ascends the mountain, talks with Yahweh, and comes back with clay tablets.
- Yahweh goes on to remind Israel that the name it bears is Yahweh's name.
More definitions of YahwehDefinition of Yahweh in:
- The US English dictionary