Definition of Yemenite in English:
1 another term for Yemeni (see Yemen).
- A Nixon Center study of 373 mujahideen in western Europe and North America between 1993 and 2004 found more than twice as many Frenchmen as Saudis and more Britons than Sudanese, Yemenites, Emiratis, Lebanese, or Libyans.
- One crazy Libyan, a couple of Kuwaitis, scattered Yemenites, and a few fellows from the Shah's day.
- The Egyptian, Iranian, Jordanian, Lebanese, Syrian, Yemenite and Moroccan nationals face death penalty if convicted under the Iraqi law.
1.1A Jew who was, or whose ancestors were, formerly resident in Yemen.
- The Jewish Agency claims that the Satmar are indoctrinating the Yemenites into the Satmar's obscure brand of Judaism, while the Satmar claim to have only the purest of humanitarian motives.
- According to the plan, a larger number of Yemenites living in Monsey were to be smuggled to Israel, but Satmar Hasidim in the township discovered the preparations and prevented their departure.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Yemeni Arabs or Jews.
- In the Jerusalem attack, the bomber entered the Yemenite falafel cafe on a busy street in the city centre.
- I got to know the talented and beautiful Israeli-born Yemenite singer during her visits to Tokyo.
- They are my Yemenite and Moroccan and Portuguese and American mothers.
Definition of Yemenite in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan