- A native or inhabitant of Yugoslavia or its former constituent republics, or a person of Yugoslav descent.More example sentences
- After 1918 Croatians were listed as Yugoslavs.
- Greeks, Yugoslavs and Poles were concentrated in enclaves around the suburb.
- The Serbs went south, and became known as the South Slavs, or Yugoslavs.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Yugoslavia, its former constituent republics, or its people.More example sentences
- Croatia is also a lot more expensive than a lot of the other former Yugoslav republics to live in, yet this still did not send people towards begging.
- The films are the first programming to be broadcast in all six former Yugoslav republics.
- In this poor, tiny, former Yugoslav republic, where unemployment runs at 50%, there are too many similar stories.
from Austrian German Jugoslav, from Croatian jug 'south' + Slav.
More definitions of YugoslavDefinition of Yugoslav in:
- The US English dictionary