- A technique in orthopaedic and cosmetic surgery in which one or more Z-shaped incisions are made, the diagonals forming one straight line, and the two triangular sections so formed are drawn across the diagonal before being stitched: the Achilles tendon is lengthened by Z-plasty [count noun]: opening the constriction, he does a Z-plasty, a favourite type of operation for lengtheningMore example sentences
- Z-plasty is performed by rotating two transposition flaps with an angle of 60° with the middle limb of the Z on the scar.
- In refractory cases, pisiform excision with or without Z-plasty lengthening of the FCU is usually curative with return to racquet sports in 6 to 8 weeks.
- This patient underwent successful repair of the band with Z-plasties following delivery.
More definitions of Z-plastyDefinition of Z-plasty in:
- The US English dictionary