- A large German dirigible airship of the early 20th century, long and cylindrical in shape and with a rigid framework. Zeppelins were used during the First World War for reconnaissance and bombing, and after the war as passenger transports until the 1930s.More example sentences
- Relics from a golden age of flight when Zeppelins and airships ruled the skies have been on sale at a Swindon auction house.
- For the fist time, civilians themselves were targeted with bombing raids by Zeppelins and coastal raids by the German Navy.
- The Zeppelin airship is back, almost 70 years after it went down in a blaze in an accident in Germany.
More definitions of ZeppelinDefinition of Zeppelin in:
- The US English dictionary