(also Zuñi /ˈzuːɲi/)
Definition of Zuni in English:
noun (plural same or Zunis)
1A member of a Pueblo Indian people of western New Mexico.
- They like to be called what they are - Utes, Hopis, Zunis - and collectively, they answer to ‘first people’.
- Kirk Bemis, the Zunis ' hydrologist, says that the appropriate studies on these other aquifers have yet to be done.
- She makes her living as an itinerant folksinger whose songs become her means of trying to claim an identity for herself as a Zuni.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Zuni or their language.
- She furthered Hopi and Zuni art in the Southwest, working in ceramics and silver.
- Logan had learned this tract was mistakenly omitted from the government's official demarcation of Zuni boundaries five years earlier.
- It seems he was given to going around in Zuni costume, but, his rivals complained, it was not strictly authentic.
Definition of Zuni in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan