A real or imaginary list of the most (or second most) celebrated or sought-after individuals, especially in show business: [as modifier]: an A-list celebrity
More example sentences
- Because why on earth would the A-list be an imaginary list?
- As the movie moves into its second hour, and stresses the pathetic existence of the B-list celebrity, it grows glum and loses much of the sly wit that made it so enjoyable in the first half.
- Now, it is Amanda who can command the big paychecks, and her husband who has been consigned as a B-list star to reality TV.
A-lister (or B-lister) noun
- Example sentences
- With the priciest product at just 5.99, you don't have to earn a celebrity salary to look like an A-lister this summer.
- Let's say you are an A-lister, closer to the B-list border.
- She is another A-Lister who dared to put scissors to their locks of hair.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: A-list
Definition of A-list in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.