- A complex, difficult, and confusing situation or thing: a tangled web of lies[from ‘O what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive’ (Scott's Marmion)]More example sentences
- The whole situation had been a tangled web, but after everything that had occurred, he knew that for the sake of family and for the sake of a child, he knew he would have to go back.
- I didn't mention that I had dated a total of one guy, had a disastrous event with two others and was in a tangled web of confusion with a third.
- It may be the most complex structure in the universe, a tangled web of more than a hundred billion nerve cells.
More definitions of a tangled webDefinition of a tangled web in:
- The US English dictionary