- Each of the sixth pair of cranial nerves, supplying the muscles concerned with the lateral movement of the eyeballs.More example sentences
- Particular attention should be given to detecting problems related to the optic, oculomotor, trochlear and abducens nerves.
- Branches emanating from a small ganglion connected to the nasal nerve have been followed to the oculomotor and abducens nerves.
- On either side of the dorsum sellae is a notch for the passage of the abducens nerve (cranial nerve VI).
early 19th century: abducens (modern Latin, 'leading away'), from the Latin verb abducere.
More definitions of abducens nerveDefinition of abducens nerve in:
- The US English dictionary