- • historical Swear an oath to leave a country forever: prior to transportation, offenders were sometimes permitted to abjure the realmMore example sentences
- If the accused would neither submit to trial nor abjure the realm after 40 days, he was starved into submission.
- Adam and the others fled to the Church of Branscombe, confessed their crime, and abjured the realm before the coroner.
- He would be sentenced to abjure the realm or suffer death as a felon.
More definitions of abjure the realmDefinition of abjure the realm in:
- The US English dictionary