- A measure of the capacity of a substance to absorb light of a specified wavelength. It is equal to the logarithm of the reciprocal of the transmittance: a plot of absorbance versus wavelength would give a Gaussian curve [count noun]: absorbances were recorded with a clinical photometerMore example sentences
- The isotropic emission spectra were normalized to the corresponding absorbance at the excitation wavelength.
- In these experiments electron absorbances were measured as a function of increasing laser intensity and, subsequently, as a function of decreasing laser intensity.
- Then, absorbances at the four wavelengths were calculated.
More definitions of absorbanceDefinition of absorbance in:
- The US English dictionary